South Yorkshire Pensions Authority recognises that Risk Management is an important element of effective corporate governance. The Authority is therefore committed to:
- • Developing and maintaining a systematic approach for the identification, evaluation and cost effective control of risks that threaten the achievement of the Authority’s corporate objectives;
• Ensuring that effective risk management is embedded in its business processes.
The objectives of this policy are to:
• ensure that risks to the achievement of the corporate objectives of the Authority are eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level; safeguard the reputation of the Authority;
• raise awareness of, and integrate risk management into the culture of the Organisation;
• manage risk in accordance with best practice by identifying roles and responsibilities;
• prevent injury and damage and reduce the cost of risk;
• protect the Authority’s assets; and
• maintain effective stewardship of the Authority’s funds and demonstrate good corporate governance.