Members: Pensioner members

Payroll enquiries

Pensioner Payroll Queries

My relative is unable to look after their own affairs through illness / senility. What options are available?

If this is a short term issue with their health, the member can ask us to send all correspondence to another address.

If it is a long term issue and the member is not fit to sign documents, you will need to get a Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection Order. These are legal documents letting family members, or other trusted people, to look after someone’s affairs when they can no longer do so.

How can I apply for a Power of Attorney or Court of Protection Order?

To apply for a Power of Attorney, you should contact the Public Trust Office on 0300 456 0300 or by email

You can find more information about Power of Attorneys and the process for applying for a Court of Protection Order at Office of the Public Guardian’s opens in new window website.

I have changed my bank account/address how can I let you know?

If you have registered for mypension opens in new window you can do this online.

If you have signed up to the pensions password service, you can call our team on the number at the bottom of this page.

If you have not registered for either service, you can write to us at the address at the bottom of this page. Please remember to tell us your National Insurance Number so we can find you on our systems.

I wish to increase my health scheme contributions. How can I do it?

You can only do this through the Health Scheme provider. Please contact them and ask for a form. They will then share the information with us.

Is it possible to have my pension paid into someone else’s account or can my pension be paid to a third party to settle an outstanding debt?

Your pension is non-assignable. This means we can only pay it to you. We can pay it to a joint account, but only where you are a named account holder.

If we receive an Attachment of Earnings Order from the Courts (payment of fines etc) we have to make these deductions by law. In these cases, an amount specified by the court will be deducted from your pension and paid to them.

Is it possible to receive my monthly pension by cheque?

No, we can only pay your pension by bank transfer.

Why I have paid more tax this month?

You may have had a tax code change.

You would normally get information from the Tax Office about changes to your tax code. If you haven’t, you should call them on 0300 200 3300 or write to them at HMRC, PAYE & Self Assessment HMRC, BX9 1AS.

If you are calling from overseas please call +441355359022.

No matter how you contact them, you will need to quote your National Insurance Number and the scheme’s reference: 673/SY2.

I need to send my pay advice to the Department for Work and Pensions, but I can’t find it. Can I get a replacement?

You can print these at any time through mypension opens in new window

If you do not have access to mypension, use the contact details at the bottom of this page to ask us to send you a copy of your pay advice.

What day of the month will I get my pension?

You will get your pension on the last banking day of each month. Where the last day is a Saturday, Sunday or Public holiday, we will pay pensions on the nearest earlier banking day.

Why do I not receive a pay advice every month?

Pay advices are available online through mypension.